Sure, you know that children learn best through hands-on explorations. How does that work in a real classroom? With jam-packed days and mounting expectations, you’re pressed for time and pushed to follow standards-based curricula. It’s no wonder you struggle to incorporate STEAM activites each day.
Provoking Curiosity brings new and easy-to-execute STEAM learning experiences that encourage children to think, explore, and wonder. Each exploration builds on core ideas in the STEAM disciplines, develops higher-level thinking skills, and uses readily available materials in early childhood classrooms.
Learn how to use STEAM provocations throughout your busy day:
- Jump-start the morning
- Decompress and reenergize midday
- Occupy children who complete assigned classroom work early
- Incentivize children to complete a goal
- Transition between the busier times of day and planned classroom work times
- End the day building children’s collaboration and communication skills
- Gryphon House, Inc.
- Page Count
- Angela Eckhoff, PhD